Sunday, April 20, 2014

Chickadee Newborn Congratulations

Chickadee Newborn Congratulations
Made this card for one of my colleague who just gave birth to her fourth son early April. She always wanted a daughter when I knew her before she had her second son but till the fourth pregnancy, she still blessed with a son. Hopefully the next time I made another baby/newborn congratulation card for her, it is a baby girl congratulation card!


Sketch Saturday Week #306
I adopt the simple sketch from Sketch Saturday Week #306 as shown above by rotating the sketch to left. The colors of the card was inspired by Just Us Girls JUGS #237 - Color Challenge as shown below.
Just Us Girls JUGS #237 - Color Challenge

Close-up : The mother hen and its chickadees
On a white card stock, the grass is stamped in multiple layers. Then, three (3) chickadees that are facing right are stamped on the left of the card stock. The mother hen is stamped in front of the three (3) chickadees. This mimic that my colleague already have three (3) kids. In front of the mother hen, a chickadee that is facing left is stamped which mimic her newborn. The images are colored with Copic markers.The broken egg shell is manual created by cutting the whole egg shell into two (2) parts and added some black lining to the 'broken' edges. The broken egg shell is attached to the left and right of the chickadee which mimic he just born.

Close-up : Custom sentiment
The sentiment is customized using alphabets and it is stamped on top of the card stock.

Close-up : Embossed flower panel
An orange card stock is embossed with flowers. I choose flowers because it is spring time now and flowers are always good for celebration occasion. After trimmed, the orange embossed card stock is attached onto a blue card base as in sketch follow by the white card stock that stamped with images.

Dimension : 10.16cm x 15.24cm or 4" x 6"
Type : Horizontal fold
Inlay : None

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please fill up the custom order form here. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :
1) Sketch Saturday Week #306 (ends on 25 April 2014)
2) Just Us Girls JUGS #237 - Color Challenge (ends on 24 April 2014)

Stamps and tools used :

4 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is the most adorable, creative baby card I have ever seen! Love the little chicks lined up behind the mom watching the new little one hatch. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so cute for a baby card - love the chick breaking out from the egg!!Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Angela Westland Australia said...

Absolutely love your project you have done, I love your card, love the colors and the little chickens.

Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. You can enter 3 projects with us for each challenge. Good Luck! Ange DT xxoo

I have joined your blog today and would love you to join my blog as a follower.

I have some beautiful Sherri Baldy dies on my blog I'm giving away as Candy, once you join my blog you will be included in the draw once I reach 200 followers I will choose a winner by random numerator.I already have 176 followers so not long to go as I had 29 new followers just this month.

Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au/

Nancy said...

I agree with Sue...so creative! I will have to file this idea away for future use! Great card! Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week!