Thursday, May 23, 2013

You're the Best Art Teacher!

I am in the midst of burning midnight oil to make eight (8) Teachers' Day cards for my daughter tomorrow, Thursday morning. I suppose to make them earlier when I got my Sweet Stamp Shop School's Out stamp but my day job and life leaves me no extra time for card making! Thus, I am burning the midnight oil now!


You're the Best Art Teacher!
The first Teacher's Day card is a card for teacher who teaches both Science and Art (I wonder how Science and Art connected to each other). However, my daughter favor her to teach Art more. Thus, I address the card to solely Art teacher.


Freshly Made Sketches #87 - A Sketch by Jennifer T
I adopt the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #87 - A Sketch by Jennifer T as shown above. However, I decided to clockwise the sketch. I choose simple sketch and keep my card as minimal as possible as I need to make eight (8) Teachers' Day cards.


Close-up : Self-made apple pattern paper
Since this is a card for an Art teacher, I make extra effort on this card (just to impress the teacher). I make my own pattern paper by stamping rows of apples onto a white card stock. The apples are colored in red and green alternatively using Copic markers. Then, it is attached onto a pink card base.


Close-up : Sentiment panel
A yellow panel is trimmed accordingly. The sentiment is stamped onto the panel before attaching to the apple pattern paper as in sketch.


Close-up : Apple as embellishment
Another two (2) apples are stamped onto a white card stock, colored using Copic marker and trimmed accordingly. They are then attached to the yellow panel as in sketch using pop dots.

The card is finished with two (2) pink gems to the right and left of the word 'best'.

Dimension : 10.16cm x 15.24cm or 4" x 6"
Type :Vertical fold
Inlay : None

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please fill up the custom order form here. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :

Stamps and tools used :

No comments: