Monday, June 25, 2012

Candles + Cake + Present = Happy Birthday!

Candles + Cake + Present = Happy Birthday!
Made this card for my ex-colleague whose I made her the wedding wishes card yesterday as I realized that her birthday just past on last Thursday. Since I am going to post her the wedding wishes card, I make another birthday card for her as well.

Mojo Monday 246
This card layout is inspirational from Mojo Monday 246 sketch/challenge as shown above but I did not realize that the dateline is closing when I adopt the layout. Thus, by the time I like to link this card to the collection link, it has been closed. Luckily this round is not a contest round with prize. :P


Close-up : Candles, Cake and Present
I purposely choose candles, cake and present images from the stamp set as it represent birthday event and these items are nicely fit into the three (3) squares of the layout. After stamping the images into white cardstock, they are colored using Copic markers. Then, they are layered onto purple cardstock before attaching onto the textured red cardstock.


Close-up : Sentiment
Sentiment is stamped onto another purple cardstock and decorated with silver ribbons as in the layout which later layer onto the textured red cardstock. The whole textured red cardstock is layer onto a yellow card base. I finish the card by adding some purple gems on the left and right bottom corners of the sentiment.
Close-up : Bow and gems

Dimension : 10.16cm x 15.24cm or 4" x 6"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : None

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please e-mail us at msgkeeper@gmail.com for order. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :

Stamps and tools used :

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super project thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk this week.I am afraid this one won't be in the draw we only allow one entry per challenge

Kerry DT Leader

Deanne Saunders said...

Very pretty card! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!!
~DEANNE~