Sunday, April 29, 2012

Many Squares Baby Girl Card

Many Squares Baby Girl card
I decided to make card when I saw Mojo Monday 238 sketch as per below. I just cannot resist not to enter Mojo Monday 238 sketch challenge as it features many squares which I had in my mind that I want to do something like this some times ago. Well, now I got my chance!
Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - Mojo Monday 238 

Since I am crazy over baby card for a while now, I decided to make a baby girl using this challenge. Actually, I have another idea on my mind which is more general but I decided to make baby card instead.

Close-up : Top row of squares with images
Three (3) colors cardstock are trimmed into 1.5" x 1.5" squares. Another reason why I decided to participate in this sketch challenge is that it has many squares which can use up some of my leftover stash - great for not wasting up! Then, two (2) corners are rounded to give some design rather just square shape.


Close-up : Far right squares with images
Baby stuffs images especially on baby girl, are stamped into the squares. I did not stamp all the squares with images as the scallop circle will later cover it. Thus, I only stamp on the top row three (3) squares and the far right row down four (4) squares with images. Some of the images such as the bib and dress are paper pieced. Then, all those squares are attached onto a pink card base.

Close-up : Baby girl in the scalloped circle
The baby girl image is stamped on a white circle cardstock and colored the face and body using Copic markers. The diaper is paper pieced. Flower embellishment is added to the baby hair to symbolize she is a baby girl. The circle is distress with red distress ink before attached onto a pink scallop cardstock.

Close-up : Round tab tag
As for the tag, I like to do something out of the norm. Thus, I use round tab punch as the tag whereby the sentiment "Baby Girl" is stamped onto the purple round tab and folded in half. A hole is punched on the edge of the tab and a silver string is used. I like the tag to be hanged from the scallop circle whereby I used a purple brad to secure the other end of the silver string. Finally, the scallop circle together with the tag are attached onto the pink card base using pop dots.

Dimension : 12.7cm x 19.05cm or 5" x 7.5"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : None
Code : BG#001
Price : RM6.90 (excluded shipping fees)

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please e-mail us at msgkeeper@gmail.com for order. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :

Stamps and tools used :

2 comments:

Joey said...

This is such a cute card, love the layout with the different items in each square. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions, Joey x

mixamatoasties said...

Super card. Love the layout!

Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week.

Susan x