Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Stamps and Thanks to Kathy

A huge thanks to Kathy Racoosin for sending some used stamps which helped me to grow my stamps collection!

I been following Kathy's works for a while now and I really admire how she piece different stamp brand images together to create another scene or event. I am really speechless at her creation. Another thing I adore is how she use the same image and do layering! Her coloring techniques are wonderful especially on using Copic and distressing and not to mention she is kind to offer some tutorials and tips! I am still learning from her through her blog.


I actually stumped on her blog, The Daily Marker last year when she is having her first year blog anniversary. As I am new in card making or crafting society, that was my first time entering into a candy and won some 'consolation' prize. So lucky me and I blogged this winning on this post. Ever since then, I been following Kathy's works and keeping in touch with her through blog comments and e-mails.

There is one time that she even sent me an ATC when I simply just leave her a comment on one of her post that I would like to have one of the ATC she made. I did not really put high hope on it since she have so many comments to read everyday. But then she surprised me by e-mailing me few days later to get my address! She is just so kind! Later in her e-mail, she mentioned that she mistakenly sent me a card with birthday message. I replied her that is it fine as her intuition is somehow very sharp as it is my birthday on the corner! I told her that by the time the ATC mail reached to me, I think it is in time to wish me birthday! Kathy is glad that the mistake was turned out well!

She even still remembers that she promised to send me some used stamps which we been talking about since last year. Anyhow, finally Kathy managed to sort out her stuffs and sent me a delayed Christmas present. Here are the list of what Kathy gave me which included:
2) one (1) Hero Arts 4"x6" clear stamp of CL124 Circular Designs
Left : Hero Arts CL154 Bracket and Tags
Right : Hero Arts CL266 Mix & Match Elements
3) one (1) Hero Arts 4"x6" clear stamp of CL154 Bracket and Tags
4) one (1) Hero Arts 4"x6" clear stamp of CL266 Mix & Match Elements (which I already had - bought on my own)
Left : Hero Arts CL273 I Care Frame Messages
Right : Hero Arts CL278 Great Flourishes Messages
5) one (1) Hero Arts 4"x6" clear stamp of CL273 I Care Frame Messages
6) one (1) Hero Arts 4"x6" clear stamp of CL278 Great Flourishes Messages
Left : Unknown brand clear stamps of baking utilities
Right Top : Penny Black 4173J You're My Dreamboat
Right Bottom : Penny Black of mouse pulling a cart of flowers
7) one (1) unknown brand clear stamps of baking utilities
8) one (1) Penny Black cling stamp of 4173J You're My Dreamboat (it was mounted on wood but I think Kathy took it out from the wood due to some reasons)
9) one (1) Penny Black cling stamp of mouse pulling a cart of flowers (I am guessing it is Penny Black brand)
Left : Inkadinkado 97826 Scrapbook Phrases
Right : Fiskars Heidi Grace Beyond the Sea
10) one (1) Inkadinkado clear stamp of 97826 Scrapbook Phrases
11) one (1) Fiskars Heidi Grace Beyond the Sea clear stamp
Handmade card from Kathy
12) one (1) handmade card from Kathy with some personal message

Thank you so much, Kathy! I must return your favors soon. Just give me some time.

No comments: